[Phylomania] Australasian Evolution Society Rego and Conference Update!

Geoff While geoffrey.while at utas.edu.au
Sun Nov 12 23:13:55 CST 2017

Hi All,

The closing date for registrations for the Australasian Evolution Society and Phylomania is fast approaching (20th of November) and so we thought we would send a little reminder out for people that have not yet registered to get on line and do so. As we have articulated previously we have a fantastic range of talks and activities lined up that we hope will make for a memorable conference both scientifically and socially so please pass this around your various research networks. For those of you already registered (and still to register) we have a couple of additional updates.

1)      We will have the capacity to offer a number of student grants for those attending, or wishing to attend, the conference. Specifically, we have 25 grants worth $120 available to cover conference registration. If you would like to be considered for one of these grants please email George Cunningham (George.Cunningham at utas.edu.au<mailto:George.Cunningham at utas.edu.au>) with a  copy of your title and abstract as well as a brief (e.g., 1 - 2 page) CV in a single Pdf document. Grants applications will close on Friday the 24th of November (~2 weeks away) and awardees will be notified at the conference. In the event that we get more applications than we have money to fund we will prioritise students for which the funds will provide the greatest offset for their costs in getting to the conference. We realise that this is late notice and will not necessarily allow people to make decisions about attending based on successful funding but we still hope that this will help facilitate the attendance at the conference for a number of students.

2)      We will have a range of merchandise available for the conference including t-shirts and keep-cups (both $25). These will be emblazoned with the conference logo (see the website). The number of items we have available will be limited so if you want to reserve an item now please send George an email (see email address above).

3)      Once registrations closes we will be hoping to get the program and abstract book up on line as soon as possible - to achieve this we will need everyone's talk titles and abstracts asap. If you indicated either of these was to TBC could you please forward your title and abstract to George. We will start chasing people up at the end of the week. For those of you still to register please add a title and an abstract as you register rather than state TBC.

4)      We are hoping to make a number of announcements regarding exciting additional activities that we will be holding as part of the conference over the next few days. Rather than sending out another set of emails please check the conference website for information on these activities. Please also don't forget to register for any of the scientific activities that you might want to get involved in prior to the conference (see the extra-curricular activities section of the social stuff page of the website).

For all other matters please see the conference website for information (www.aesconference2017.wordpress.com<http://www.aesconference2017.wordpress.com>) or contact myself, George or Mike Charleston (Michael.Charleston at utas.edu.au<mailto:Michael.Charleston at utas.edu.au>; Phylomania) for further information. Looking forward to seeing many of you down here in Hobart in a few weeks.

Regards,

Geoff (on behalf of the organising committee)

Dr Geoff While
Senior Lecturer Behavioural and Evolutionary Ecology
ARC Discovery Early Career Research Fellow
School of Biological Sciences
University of Tasmania
Australia
Webpage: www.beergrouputas.wordpress.com<http://www.beergrouputas.wordpress.com/>